When it comes to health care and related services, everyone has questions—about their bills, their insurance coverage, their out-of-pocket costs, and more.
Our financial specialists can help you:
- Understand what your costs will be—before you receive a bill
- Work with your insurance provider(s) and Medical Assistance, if applicable, to get details about benefits and coverage
- Find out if your insurance requires a referral or physician’s order
- File an appeal if your insurance provider denies your request for care at Gillette
- Understand the bills you receive from Gillette
- Set up a payment plan, if needed
- Apply for financial assistance through the Gillette Assistance Program (GAP)
We can also connect you to Child and Family Services staff, who can help you find resources outside Gillette if you have no health care insurance or inadequate coverage
We always keep your questions and personal information completely confidential.
Just call us at:
Gillette Financial Specialists
8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday
Be sure to have these things handy:
- Your health insurance card/cards, if any
- Your Medical Assistance card, if any
- The name of the policy holder, if you have health insurance
About Gillette Costs
If you see a provider at one of Gillette’s Twin Cities locations (listed below), your visit will be billed as an “outpatient hospital facilities” appointment rather than an “outpatient clinic” appointment.
Insurance providers treat outpatient hospital facilities differently from outpatient clinics. You might have to make a larger copayment, pay a larger amount as a deductible, or pay a larger percentage of the cost of care than you would at a clinic that isn’t affiliated with a hospital. Be sure to ask your insurance provider or a Gillette financial specialist how this designation will affect you.
You might find that costs at Gillette are higher than they are at some community clinics. That’s because our specialists treat patients who have complex conditions. We provide integrated care, which means that we offer all of the services someone with a particular condition requires—everything from imaging and diagnosis to surgery, rehabilitation therapy and related services.
Gillette’s Twin Cities outpatient hospital facilities are:
St. Paul Clinic (main campus)
St. Paul – Phalen Clinic (for adults)
Maple Grove Clinic
Visits to our Brainerd Lakes Clinic, Duluth Clinic, Willmar Clinic and Outreach Clinics are billed as outpatient clinic appointments because they are farther away from our main hospital campus.
For More Information
Find more information about medical bills and insurance on our website: www.gillettechildrens.org/billingandinsurance/.