Meet Us Monday – Becky Wright, Graphic Designer
1. What is your position and role at Gillette? What does your day-to-day look like? I have been a Graphic Designer in the communications department for three years. My days are busy and diverse! They are usually spent creating graphics and print materials for internal and external communications. That includes ads, logos, brochures, annual reports, and event graphics. I sometimes help direct photo shoots, which gives me an opportunity to meet some of the kids and families that we serve. Since my job doesn't involve direct care, this allows me to learn more about their conditions and what we do for them.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? Outside of work I enjoy being outdoors—I love to kayak, ride my scooter and garden. I also enjoy music—playing guitar, harmonica and drums.
3. Do you have any children or pets? I don't have kids, but I've always had a cat or two. My 18-year-old cat Anna just passed away, so I'll soon be hunting for a couple of littermates.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Anywhere warm with water. Costa Rica is on my bucket list, along with Australia and Hawaii.
5. What is one fun fact about you? When I was in college I spent a semester at the University of Copenhagen and lived with a Danish family. It gave me an opportunity to travel to just about every European country. After I graduated from college I went back to visit them, followed by backpacking around Norway and Sweden. I met a Norwegian family and spent part of the summer painting their houses in exchange for room and board. Those were some of the best experiences of my life!