- What are some of your hobbies outside work? Spending time with my friends, going out to eat at new places in the cities and going to concerts, if anyone I like is coming to town.
- How long have you worked at Gillette? I started on-call in 2009.
Meet Us Monday - Meet Heather Ott, Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Do you have any kids or pets? My roommate has a dog and she is more a human than a pet, and she loves hogging the bed!
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be? Super Power, hands down would be teleportation! I hate how long it takes to get somewhere!
- What is your favorite food? Food that other people make! Cooking is not my favorite chore.
- If you could travel anywhere where would you go? North Carolina to see my boyfriend!
- What is your favorite musician/band/type of music? I love Power-Pop/ Punk but it’s hay-day is a few years ago. My favorites are All Time Low, Hey Monday, Capital Lights and FTSK (but only their Underdog Alma Mater (very important detail)).
- What drew you to Gillette? I have always loved to care for kids. I loved babysitting & playing with my little cousins at family functions. So once I found TR, Gillette was a no brainer!
- Do you have a favorite story/memory from Gillette? My very first day and very first patient at Gillette was a little boy maybe 4 or 5 he had these cute little thick rimmed light blue glasses, blonde curly hair and a gigantic smile. He was actually featured a month later in a Gillette family focus and I was able to say that he was MY patient. I won’t ever forget that, I was able to say, I in some way added in his recovery, even if it was just for a moment.
- What do you enjoy most about your job at Gillette? My co-workers, the patients and the families. I love interacting with all of them. Every day is different and at some point during the day, I am laughing because of it.