- What are some of your hobbies outside work? I play drums, mostly for fun, occasionally for money. One of my groups (Goodnight Ritual) is releasing an album in June!
- Do you have any kids or pets?
I have one son; Eli, who is 21 years old. Also, I have two kitties: Lu and Corky, and a Ten month-old Puppy named Willie Nelson that we got from a rescue shelter in October, 2012.
Meet Us Monday - Lance Reed R.N.
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be? If I could, I’d be flying all over.
- What is your favorite book? A tie between Lord of the Rings and The Music of Failure by the late, great Minnesota native Bill Holm
- What is your favorite food? The kind that is raised with respect, kindness and much thought.
- If you could travel anywhere where would you go? Touring through the pyramids of the world would be pretty sweet!
- Favorite subject in school? From grade school through college, I’ve always loved my science classes.
- Favorite musician/band/type of music?The cerebral part of me loves classical guitarist Andres’ Segovia, the rocker in me loves Led Zeppelin (particularly the drummer, John Bonham) Why choose, right?
- Who did you admire when you were a kid? My Mom and Dad.
- Do you have a favorite story/memory from Gillette? I remember a patient that was stable, but not happy at all. A surgery had been done that left the patient’s eyes swollen shut, and it seemed I could do nothing to help. When I DID NOT hear the patient crying, I became concerned and went to the room, only to find that the patient, finally happy, watching ‘Dora the Explorer’ with fingers physically prying open one eye!
- What do you enjoy most about your job at Gillette? I love developing long-term relationships with patients and their families. Soaring with them through the victories, helping to support them through tough times and long stays, while being invited into some of the most fulfilling conversations imaginable. I am also graced to have the best group of co-workers I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.