- What is your position and role at Gillette? I am a pediatric neurosurgery nurse practitioner. I work primarily at the St. Paul campus but also see patients in Duluth and Burnsville. I help manage pediatric and adult neurosurgery patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Do you have a favorite story or memory? I have had the opportunity meet so many remarkable patients and families—all of them with their own special stories. I have followed many patients in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit after a severe injury. I love being able to see them throughout their recovery, and continue to follow them years later, to see what amazing progress they have made. Our patients never cease to inspire me.
- What are some of your hobbies outside of work? You can usually find me playing outside with my sons or walking to the park or the lake near our home. I love to bake and cook and find new recipes for my family to try. My husband and I also enjoy going out to try some of the many unique restaurants we have near us in Minneapolis (when we have time!)
- Do you have any children or pets? I have two sons ages one and three.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Greece! I am Greek and love visiting my family and the country of my heritage. The country is beautiful, the food is amazing and the people are the friendliest people you will ever meet.
- What is one fun fact about you? I was born and raised in Southern California. I've grown up in Orange County, have had the opportunity to live in San Diego and went to graduate school in New York City. I love Minneapolis because I feel like it offers the best of all the places I have lived.
Inside Gillette Blog
Posted On: 08/08/2014