1. What is your position at Gillette? I am honored to have joined the team here about two months ago as President and CEO. I was drawn to Gillette by its model of care – one that has a strong focus and a very clear mission.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? When I’m not at office, I like to truly disconnect. That means no email, no phone, no texts. I don’t always succeed at that, but it is my goal so that I can spend time with my family and friends. One thing that often takes my mind away from work is watching a sports game – I love watching the Vikings and the Wild, but the truth is that my heart is still with my hometown teams from Buffalo, NY.
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have a daughter, Marianna who is 5 and a dog who is nearing 13, Snap. He is still adjusting to his new “sibling.”
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I would go one of two places – either Iceland or New England in the off season. These are two of my favorite places to get away from daily routine.
5. What is one fun fact about you? Growing up, I was always a devoted fan of Snoopy. Some might say I was even obsessed. It is very fitting that I now live in St. Paul, the home of Charles Schulz. He wrote one of my favorite quotes of all time, and something that has become my own personal motto, “It doesn’t matter what you believe, just as long as you are sincere.”