Ivann is a new addition to Gillette and has joined the team as a Simulation Technician and Integration Support Specialist for our surgery area. He recently moved from Mexico to the Twin Cities to join the Gillette team. The Simulation Center is a new opportunity for our healthcare team to learn and practice in a realistic setting to improve their skills and experience.
1. What are some of your hobbies outside work?
Mountain biking, walking, kayaking, tennis, movies and traveling.
2. Do you have any children or pets?
I have a 4 year old daughter that lives in Mexico with her mom and I see her via Skype. I’m hoping that I can bring her here in the future.
3. As a child, which superhero did you admire? OR If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
I always wanted to be Batman with all the technology. If I had to choose a super power I’d choose the power of healing.
4. Do you have a favorite book? What is your favorite food?
I have some books that I like, but I don’t know their English titles. But, I really like “The Secret” I believe in the power of the mind. As for food, I love all kinds of international food; Asian – Thai, Italian, Chinese, Mexican Latin-American fusion, and from USA: BBQ Ribs.
5. If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
I would love to visit Bora Bora or a fly on a hot air balloon on Capadocia!
6. What was your favorite subject in school?
7. What is your favorite musician/band/type of music?
I like all kinds of music; it depends on the occasion. For relaxation I like Enya and for traveling I like pop music such as Adele, Colbie Caliat and Shakira.
8. Who did you admire when you were a child?
I’ll always admired my father. He showed me so many things like how to ride a bicycle, roller skate, camp, play tennis, swim, enjoylife and the concept of family.
9. Do you have a favorite story or memory from Gillette?
I have been only in USA and at Gillette for 1 month and I can say everyone has been great to me and I am blessed to be here. I’m sure that I’ll have a lot of memories here. One day, one of my co-workers from surgery came to the Simulation Center to take a bunch of funny photos to make posters for the kids. Everyone participated and we had a great time.
10. What do you enjoy most about your job at Gillette?
I enjoy helping people with technology, but the most important thing is to show the benefits of simulation for our patients.