Meet Us Monday- Meet Jenna VanProosdy, Health Resources & Education Coordinator
1. What is your position and role at Gillette? Do you have a favorite story or memory? I am Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare's Health Resources & Education (HRE) Coordinator: my area was formerly known as the Family Resource Center. My role is primarily to connect patients & families with helpful resources (books, websites, community organizations, etc.) to help them on their health care journeys. I've been at Gillette for just over a month now, but my favorite experience thus far has been offering chair massages to parents/family members of patients in our space. It is really rewarding to allow caregivers an opportunity to relax & take time for themselves while their children are in the hospital …and the masseuses who volunteer their time with us are truly wonderful people.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? Outside of work, I love to read, write, sing, play piano, and do just about anything outdoors. I also love spending time with my family and husband, Adam.
3. Do you have any children or pets? Adam and I have a cat (very aptly!) named Scoundrel. We adopted him from the St. Paul Humane Society last year.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Ever since eighth grade French class, I have dreamed of traveling to Paris. I am actually considering planning a trip there for my 30th birthday this summer…which would be amazing!
5. What is one fun fact about you? Two items on my bucket list: publishing a novel and recording a CD of original music.