Meet Us Monday – Meet Karen, RN!
1. What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
I love to exercise at Lifetime Fitness and I also love my church. I treasure my family and friends.
2. Do you have any children or pets?
I have four adult children who I am very proud of.
3. As a child, what superhero did you admire? If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
I loved Robin Hood because he helped all persons that were in need. On a separate note, I have always thought it would be fun to be able to fly.
4. What is your favorite food?
I LOVE FRESH BAKED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you?
My goal is to someday go to Norway as I am 100% Norwegian. I would love to investigate my ancestry.
6. What was your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject in school was English.
7. Who did you admire as a child?
I always admired Abraham Lincoln as he freed slaves.
8. Favorite band or type of music?
I play accordion and took lessons for 10 years as a kid.
9. Do you have a memory at Gillette that you want to share?
I was especially touched watching a 3 year old girl who had always crawled since birth start walking on her feet after surgery.
I was also reminded of the amazing work at Gillette when I went to Tanzania on a mission trip with church and saw several adults who had never been treated for clubfeet. They had spent their whole life with feet that were wrapped in rags and turned in. They walked with a staff to keep their balance.
10. What do you enjoy most about your job at Gillette?
I love working with the kids. They are so much fun. Also our staff is amazing- very caring and kind!!!!! I love my job!