Meet Us Monday- Meet Katie Wilkins, Physical Therapist
1. What is your position and role at Gillette? Do you have a favorite story or memory? I am an outpatient physical therapist at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare at the Minnetonka Therapies clinic. My favorite memories at Gillette are developing long term relationships with amazing patients and families, and watching kids grow up! One of my favorite stories was seeing a young child in a wheelchair for the first time. After twenty minutes in the wheelchair, the young child had already figured out how to wheel down the hallway and had the biggest smile. I feel so fortunate to work with the most amazing colleagues and have so much fun every day in the job I love.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I enjoy traveling to new places and photography – I always have my camera with me. My husband and I especially love travelling back to Montana (his home state) to go downhill skiing, backpacking, camping and hiking. Every fall my husband and I backpack into the Boundary Waters with friends. In the summer we enjoy spending time with friends and family, boating, and spending time at the lake. I also enjoy running and rock climbing any chance I can.
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have twin boys, Jack and Sam who were born in October 2013.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I have been very fortunate to travel to some amazing places and have many more on the wish list. I have never taken a “beach vacation,” and would love to try it out, Saint Lucia or Hawaii look amazing!
5. What is one fun fact about you? I was a collegiate gymnast at University of Wisconsin – La Crosse.