1. What is your position and role at Gillette? I am a pediatric neurologist at Gillette with a particular interest in epilepsy. I will be working several areas including the inpatient unites, the outpatient clinics, and performing intraoperative monitoring in the ORs.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? Outside of work I like to spend time with my family, travel, exercise, and read for fun.
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have a daughter who was born in May 2013. We also have a new puppy named Roxie; we just adopted her from the Humane Society this week.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? If I could travel anywhere I would like to follow the Inca Trail to the top of Machu Picchu in Peru. That is my next travel goal.
5. What is one fun fact about you? One fun fact about me is that I speak Spanish well, but I definitely get excited at any opportunity to practice or improve my vocabulary
Laura Speltz, M.D., is a pediatric neurologist who focuses on caring for children who have epilepsy or other neurological disorders.
After graduating from the University of Minnesota Medical School, she completed her training in pediatrics and pediatric neurology at Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Ill. She has had international experience in Spanish-speaking countries and worked in the pediatric neurology departments of several hospitals. She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, and she is in the process of obtaining board certification in pediatric neurology.
She provides care at the St. Paul (Main Campus) and Burnsville Clinics.