1. What is your position and role at Gillette? Do you have a favorite story or memory? I work in the Registration department, so my position includes covering Registration, Clinic Check-In and the Information Desk. When I first started working here, I met a young teenage international patient. He was in a wheelchair and very withdrawn, only speaking in Spanish to his mother. Fast forward eighteen months and several surgeries later. He was not only walking, but volunteering (talking with other patients about his surgeries and therapy) AND speaking to everyone in both English and Spanish. His transformation was so amazing, it really opened my eyes to just how profoundly this hospital can transform a patient's quality of life.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I love gardening, especially Daylilies. I am an interim music worship leader at Hayden Heights Baptist Church and occasionally a guest soloist at Fort Snelling Chapel. I am also an avid collector of cookbooks and books on kitchen science.
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have four cats. I only intended to have two, but then I rescued two more to keep them from going to a shelter.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? My favorite place in the world is Aruba! I went there in 2000 and I would love to go back!
5. What is one fun fact about you? I became a licensed radio announcer at age 16, two years before I graduated high school.