1. What is your position and role at Gillette? Do you have a favorite story or memory? I am a registered nurse on the Orthopedics/Surgical Unit at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. I started here five years ago. My favorite memory involves a little girl and her family. I was fortunate enough to work with her several days in a row. She needed X-rays prior to discharge, and I will never forget when the radiologist called me. My first reaction was that something was wrong. But when the radiologist giggled, I knew something else was up. Turns out, there was a penny in the girl’s stomach! This sweet, quiet little lady certainly must have a mischievous side, although her younger brother might have been the culprit. And that is one of many reasons I love Gillette so much—our special, wonderful kids always keep me on my toes!
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I like to do yoga, run around the city lakes, try local breweries, watch the Green Bay Packers (Go Pack!), search for the best breakfast diner, travel to cabins in the summer and—most recently—try my hand at cooking. Bless my friends and boyfriend for trying all my concoctions!
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have two fur babies: a 5-year-old white boxer named Leroy and a 5-year-old white and tan cat named Henry. They definitely have a love/hate relationship, but they’ve only lived together for 2.5 months, so I hope it’s a work in progress.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I would love to travel to Africa, Egypt and somewhere in South America. If I could group my travel with medical volunteering, that would be even better! I am still working on persuading the orthopedics staff to take me with them on their trips. Seeing them in action overseas would be amazing!
5. What is one fun fact about you? A fun fact about me is that I loooooooooooooooove crossword puzzles. I have yet to finish a Sunday puzzle, but I enjoy the challenge!