1. What is your position and role at Gillette? Do you have a favorite story or memory? I am the inpatient charge nurse on the Neurosciences unit. I have worked at Gillette on the same unit for 10 years. My favorite part about working at Gillette is developing a relationship with our patients and families. I feel so honored to be a part of their lives, and I love to see returning patients and families! There are some patients and families that I have known since I started working here 10 years ago and still get to see!
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, being outside (only when it’s warm!), going to the cabin, reading and taking pictures.
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have two children; Corey who is 4 and Kennedy who is 1. They keep me busy, so I don’t have any pets!
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? It would be hard to choose just one place to travel to, but I have always wanted to volunteer in an orphanage somewhere. I haven’t told my husband this yet, because he would say I would want to adopt some of the kids and bring them home! (Which is probably true).
5. What is one fun fact about you? I have been working with children since I was 12, including babysitting, working as a summer nanny for four summers, working at an after school program in high school, working at a summer camp in Florida, and working at a daycare in college. I guess I knew early on that I wanted to work with kids for my career. If I had to do it all over again, I would still be a Pediatric Nurse.