Meet Us Monday- Meet Zach Thompson, Neurodiagnostic Tech
1. What is your position and role at Gillette? I am a Neurodiagnostic Tech at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. Typically, I float between the operating room and the Neurodiagnostic Lab. In the O.R. I monitor the integrity of the nervous system during Orthopedic and Neurosurgical cases. In the lab, I do EEG’s, NCS’s and am involved in a research study for patients with Rett Syndrome.
2. Do you have a favorite story or memory? I have only worked here for a few months but have already made a few lasting memories. One time in particular, I was running an outpatient EEG on first grade boy who told me a variety of knock-knock jokes. One of them was so funny we both started crying we were laughing so hard. I believe it went something like this:
Little old lady?
Little old lady who?
HAHA- I didn't know you could yodel!
3. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? Fishing, boating, going to concerts, golf, basketball, snowboarding and spending time with my friends and family.
4. Do you have any children or pets? I have a German shepherd named “Stuka.” He is a registered therapy dog who enjoys chasing squirrels and fishing on boats.
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I would go back to New Zealand in a heartbeat. The people are unbelievably friendly and laid back, the scenery is absolutely beautiful, and their “no worries” active lifestyle is contagious. It is known as the “adventure capital of the world” for a good reason.
6. What is one fun fact about you? I can’t be friends with Green Bay Packer fans.