On This Page
Aquatic (Pool) Therapy
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is a regional leader in providing rehabilitation therapies for people who have disabilities and complex conditions that began during childhood. At our St. Paul Campus, and at clinics in Burnsville and Maple Grove, we offer aquatic (pool) therapy services for children and teens.
Aquatic therapy can help patients improve their abilities and practice skills. The buoyancy of water reduces stress on the joints and helps to support body weight, making movement easier. Water also offers resistance, enabling patients to strengthen their muscles without using weights. In addition, water can decrease swelling, help muscles relax and improve blood flow.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We are one of the nation’s top providers of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation therapies for children.
- Our specialists see more children who have complex conditions than any other facility in the region does.
- We offer facilities and technology designed for your needs.
- Ours is the Twin Cities’ only pediatric comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation program certified by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Conditions We Treat
Aquatic therapy can help children and teens who have a wide variety of disabilities and complex injuries. In fact, many of the conditions we treat at Gillette might benefit from aquatic therapy as part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
Whether a patient has a lifelong condition, such as cerebral palsy, or experiences a traumatic injury, Gillette has the team and the technology necessary to provide superior care.
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Our Facilities and Technology
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »