On This Page
People who have disabilities and complex conditions, and the families of those patients, can often benefit from the services of chaplains. Chaplains provide comfort, counseling and spiritual care. In the hospital, we strive to create a healing environment that honors spirituality and religious beliefs.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We value our patients’ physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
- We understand cultural and religious values that affect hospital stays, health-care decisions and family well-being.
- We’re prepared to provide spiritual care for patients and families in times of trauma, crisis and distress.
- Chaplains serving Gillette are members of the Regions Hospital Chaplaincy department and are board-certified through the Association of Professional Chaplains.
Services We Offer
Our chaplains work with patients and families who have a wide variety of disabilities and complex injuries. Whether a patient has a lifelong condition, such as cerebral palsy, or experiences a traumatic injury, Gillette has the team and the resources necessary to provide superior care. Our chaplains can:
- Assess spiritual needs and locate resources for patients and their families
- Offer reflective listening and pastoral counseling services
- Administer spiritual care at the end of someone’s life and provide bereavement services for families who’ve lost loved ones
- Support patients and families who are facing surgery, major medical decisions, or a new diagnosis or prognosis
- Attend family conferences to offer support or serve as nonmedical liaisons between families and care providers
- Perform religious services, as appropriate or requested
Chaplains are available to meet with patients and families—regardless of religious affiliation—from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays. They are on call overnight, on weekends and on holidays. A Roman Catholic priest is available upon request.
Locations of Service
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »