On This Page
At Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, child life specialists help children feel at ease before and during hospital stays and medical procedures. Through hospital tours, education, emotional support, play and relaxation techniques, we help children who have disabilities and complex conditions feel prepared for and comfortable during their visits.
Our child life specialists have extensive experience working with children who have cognitive (thinking and learning), behavioral and communication challenges. We also collaborate with other Gillette specialists to support comprehensive care. In addition, we provide play activities and emotional support to patients’ siblings and families.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our child life specialists understand the unique needs of children who have disabilities and complex conditions.
- We are committed to helping your child—and your family—feel prepared for an upcoming procedure or hospital stay.
- Our specialists collaborate to provide comprehensive care.
- We believe that preparation, emotional support and relaxation promote healing.
Services We Provide
Our child life specialists use a variety of techniques to prepare, comfort and distract patients. We are experts at helping your child and family feel prepared and more at ease.
Some of the techniques we use most often include:
- Activities designed to promote growth and development
- Distraction therapy
- Educational materials
- Guided imagery
- Hospital tours and education sessions
- Relaxation methods
- Therapeutic play
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »