On This Page
Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is one of the nation’s top providers of comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation care for children and teens. Our Center for Pediatric Rehabilitation specializes in brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, other traumatic injuries, and recovery following complex surgery. Ours is one of the largest pediatric rehabilitation programs in the Upper Midwest.
Some children and teens come to us through Minnesota’s first Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, which Regions Hospital operates in partnership with Gillette. Others transfer from other facilities as soon as they’re medically stable. Working closely with families, we help patients maximize their abilities and return to their homes, schools and communities as soon as possible.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Gillette is one of the top providers of pediatric inpatient rehabilitation care in the Upper Midwest.
- Ours is the Twin Cities’ only pediatric inpatient rehabilitation program certified by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- We offer the nation’s highest concentration of board-certified pediatric rehabilitation medicine specialists.
- Our state-of-the-art rehabilitation facilities are designed specifically for children and teens who have disabilities and complex injuries.
- We offer extensive family services in an environment that supports families.
- Our goal is for 100 percent of our rehabilitation patients to go home after their stay at Gillette.
About Our Services
Our Welcome to Rehabilitation video offers a great way for patients and families to learn about the services we offer and see our facilities and technology.
Conditions We Treat
Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Rehabilitation cares for children and teens who have complex injuries or significant disabilities or who are recovering from major surgery.
We most often provide comprehensive rehabilitation for the following conditions and after the following procedures:
- Brain injury and related neurotrauma
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Other traumatic and nontraumatic injuries
- Selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) surgery
- Single event multilevel surgery (SEMLS)
- Spinal cord injury and related neurotrauma
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Our Facilities and Technology
Gillette offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation care at our St. Paul Campus. Our inpatient unit and therapy spaces are designed for the needs of children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex injuries that began in childhood.
Because the goal of therapy is to help patients return to their homes and communities, some of our spaces—such as our therapy kitchen and playground—mimic environments that patients will encounter in their everyday lives.
Our Team and Services
Our pediatric rehabilitation medicine physicians lead a patient’s rehabilitation program, which involves specialists from a wide variety of disciplines. We offer some of the most highly trained providers in the nation.
For example, many of our nurses and nurse practitioners are certified in pediatrics, neurosciences, rehabilitation and wound care. Patients also have access to Gillette’s vast array of medical and surgical specialties.
The team for a patient undergoing comprehensive inpatient care often includes experts in the following areas:
- Assistive technology
- Child life
- Nutrition and feeding
- Pediatric intensive care (critical care)
- Pediatrics and general medicine
- Radiology and imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Rehabilitation therapies
- School services
- Social work
- Therapeutic recreation
For more information about the care we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
We also offer outpatient rehabilitation therapies at our clinics throughout the Twin Cities.
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »