On This Page
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is one of the nation’s Best Children’s Hospitals in pediatric neurology and neurosurgery. Our neurologists offer comprehensive care for children, teens and adults who have conditions such as seizures and epilepsy, acquired brain injuries, neurodevelopmental delays, complex movement disorders, and other neurological conditions.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Neurosciences, our neurologists collaborate with other Gillette specialists to provide comprehensive evaluations and integrated care for patients. In addition, through Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare, our neurologists care for patients whose needs continue in adulthood.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We provide the Twin Cities’ only nationally ranked Best Children’s Hospital in pediatric neurology and neurosurgery.
- Our neurologists understand the unique needs of people who have disabilities and complex neurological conditions and injuries.
- We offer experts who collaborate to provide comprehensive treatment plans.
- Our hospital features state-of-the-art technology and facilities designed for your needs.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Our neurology team is comprised of experts who’ve chosen to specialize in the needs of children, teens and adults who have complex neurological conditions and injuries. In addition, our pediatric nurse practitioners provide expert clinical care and patient and family support.
To search for additional providers, visit Our Care Team.
Conditions We Treat
Our neurology team cares for children, teens and adults who have complex neurological conditions and injuries affecting the spinal cord, neck, nerves and/or brain. We also provide care for the neurological effects of complex conditions, such as cerebral palsy.
Some of the conditions that most often lead to a need for neurological care include:
- Arteriovenous malformations and other cerebral vascular conditions
- Birth brachial plexus injury
- Brain injury and related neurotrauma, including concussions
- Cerebral palsy
- Complex movement disorders
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy and other neuromuscular conditions
- Neurocutaneous syndromes
- Neurodevelopmental delays
- Sleep disorders
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
As leaders in providing neurological care for children, teens and adults, our specialists are committed to using the latest technology and techniques to diagnose and treat patients with a wide variety of conditions.
Because early intervention is so important in cases of neurological and neurodevelopmental delays, Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare offers a variety of developmental assessments—many of which are performed by our neurologists.
Some of the tests, treatments and evaluations most often associated with neurological care include:
- Developmental assessments
- Epilepsy life stages visits
- First seizure evaluations
- Ketogenic diet and low glycemic diet for epilepsy and seizures
- Medical management of epilepsy and seizures
- Neurodiagnostics, including elecroencephalography (EEG), video electroencephalography (VEEG), electromyography (EMG) and sleep study (polysomnography)
- Neurological care for cerebral palsy and other complex disorders
- Vagus nerve stimulation for epilepsy and seizures
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Patients who have complex disorders often have many needs in addition to neurological care. That’s why Gillette brings together the services our patients need in a way that’s both comprehensive and convenient.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Neurosciences, our neurologists often collaborate with providers in the following specialties:
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation
- Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare (for older teens and adults)
- Neurosciences inpatient care
- Radiology and imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Rehabilitation therapies
- Sleep medicine
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
952-936-0977 or 800-277-1250 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-634-1938 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
651-636-9443 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.