On This Page
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is a regional leader in pediatric neurology and neurosurgery. Our neurosurgeons provide comprehensive evaluations and surgical care for children, teens and adults who have conditions and injuries that began in childhood and affect the spinal cord, neck, nerves and/or brain.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Neurosciences, our neurosurgeons collaborate with other Gillette specialists to provide comprehensive treatment for every patient. In addition, through Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare, our neurosurgeons care for patients whose needs continue into adulthood.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We have one of the largest teams of pediatric neurologists and neurosurgeons in the region.
- Our neurosurgeons understand the unique needs of children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex injuries that began during childhood.
- We offer experts who collaborate to provide comprehensive treatment plans.
- Our hospital features state-of-the-art technology and facilities designed for your needs.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Our neurosurgery team is comprised of experts who’ve chosen to specialize in the unique needs of children, teens and adults who have complex neurological conditions and injuries that began in childhood. In addition, our pediatric nurse practitioners provide expert clinical care and patient and family support.
To search for additional providers, visit Our Care Team.
Conditions We Treat
Our neurosurgery team cares for children, teens and adults who have complex neurological conditions and injuries that began in childhood and affect the spinal cord, neck, nerves and/or brain. We also provide neurosurgical care to treat the secondary effects of complex conditions.
Some of the conditions we treat most often include:
- Arachnoid cysts
- Arteriovenous malformations and other cerebral vascular conditions
- Birth brachial plexus injury
- Brain injury and related neurotrauma
- Cerebral palsy
- Chiari malformation
- Complex movement disorders
- Dandy-Walker syndrome
- Deformational plagiocephaly
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Moyamoya syndrome
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord abnormalities, including tethered spinal cord
- Spinal cord injury and related neurotrauma
Because many of the conditions we treat are are diagnosed prenatally, our neurosurgeons also offer prenatal consultations and diagnosis. We'll consult with parents about conditions such as hydrocephalus, spina bifida, neural tube defects and cysts and educate them about current treatment options, provide appropriate counseling and if parents wish, help them plan a course of treatment.
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
As leaders in providing neurosurgical care for children, teens and adults, our experts are committed to using the latest technology and techniques to diagnose and treat patients with a wide variety of conditions.
Some of the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette include:
- Cranial vault remodeling for craniosynostosis
- Deep brain stimulation for complex movement disorders
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for hydrocephalus
- Intraoperative monitoring
- Intrathecal baclofen pump implantation to manage spasticity
- Neurodiagnostics, including elecroencephalography (EEG), video electroencephalography (VEEG), electromyography (EMG) and sleep study (polysomnography)
- Selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) surgery for spasticity
- Shunt surgery for hydrocephalus
- Tethered spinal cord release
- Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) for epilepsy and seizures
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Patients with complex disorders often have many needs in addition to neurosurgical care. That’s why Gillette brings together services in way that’s both comprehensive and convenient.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Neurosciences, our neurosurgeons often collaborate with providers who focus on:
- Care for adults (Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare)
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation
- Neurosciences inpatient care
- Radiology and imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Rehabilitation therapies
- Sleep medicine
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
952-936-0977 or 800-277-1250 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443Learn More »
218-728-6160 or 800-903-7111 (toll free)Learn More »
507-207-2700 or 844-207-2700 (toll-free)Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »