On This Page
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is a Twin Cities leader in providing rehabilitation therapies for children, teens and adults who have disabilities, complex conditions and common injuries, such as a broken arm or concussion.
At our main campus in St. Paul, and at clinics in Burnsville, Maple Grove and Minnetonka, we offer physical therapy services in an environment designed for your needs. We also offer physical therapy for adults at our St. Paul – Phalen Clinic.
Physical therapists help patients improve their gross motor skills, strength and balance to maximize independence and mobility. Collaborating with other specialists, our physical therapists also recommend adaptive and mobility equipment, including power or manual wheelchairs, walkers, and standers. In addition, our experts plan rehabilitation care following brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and sports-related injuries.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We are one of the nation’s top providers of pediatric inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation therapies.
- Our specialists see more children who have complex conditions than any other facility in the region does.
- Gillette offers the Twin Cities’ only pediatric inpatient rehabilitation program certified by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Our hospital, outpatient hospital facilities and clinics offer services and technology designed for your needs.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Conditions We Treat
Our physical therapists care for children, teens and adults who have a wide variety of injuries, disabilities and complex conditions. In fact, patients who have many of the conditions we treat at Gillette can benefit from physical therapy.
Whether a patient has a lifelong condition, such as cerebral palsy, or experiences a sports-related injury, Gillette has the team and the technology necessary to provide superior care.
For more information about the conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
Our physical therapists are committed to using the latest technology, tests and techniques to support patients who have injuries, disabilities and complex conditions. We provide outpatient therapy sessions and support comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation care for patients who have a wide variety of conditions. Our goal is to help patients achieve the highest levels of independence and function possible.
Our physical therapists are qualified to assess patients for and provide a wide variety of interventions, including:
- Aquatic (pool) therapy
- Functional electrical stimulation (FES)
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES)
- Return-to-activity training for concussion and related neurotrauma
- Robotic-assisted locomotor training (RoBALT or Lokomat®)
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Our Facilities and Technology
Gillette offers rehabilitation therapy services in St. Paul, Burnsville, Maple Grove and Minnetonka. Our therapy spaces are designed for the needs of children, teens and adults who have disabilities, complex conditions and serious injuries.
Because the goal of therapy is to help patients return to their homes and communities, some of our spaces—such as our therapy kitchens and playgrounds—mimic environments that patients will encounter in their everyday lives.
Our physical therapists collaborate with providers from Gillette’s many specialties and services. Working in teams, we plan comprehensive medical and rehabilitation care for every patient.
Some of the areas with which we collaborate most frequently include:
- Assistive technology
- Craniofacial and plastic surgery
- Inpatient care (hospital units)
- Music therapy
- Nutrition and feeding
- Occupational therapy
- Radiology and imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Speech and language therapy
- Therapeutic recreation
For more information about the care we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
763-496-6000 or 888-218-0642 (toll free)Learn More »
952-908-1500 or 855-908-1500 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »