On This Page
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare offers the largest team of pediatric rehabilitation medicine specialists in the nation. With both pediatric and adult-focused providers, we specialize in highly complex conditions and injuries.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Rehabilitation, our providers collaborate with other Gillette specialists to provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient pediatric rehabilitation services. In addition, through Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare, we care for patients whose needs continue into adulthood. Gillette is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Why Choose Gillette?
- We offer the nation’s largest team of pediatric rehabilitation medicine specialists.
- Ours is the Twin Cities’ only pediatric rehabilitation facility certified by CARF.
- We offer providers who are experts in the unique needs of people who have disabilities and complex injuries.
- Our experts who work in true teams to provide comprehensive treatments.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Gillette’s rehabilitation medicine team is comprised of pediatric and adult-focused experts who’ve chosen to specialize in the unique needs of people who have disabilities and complex injuries. We have the highest concentration of pediatric rehabilitation medicine physicians in the nation. In addition, we offer experts who can continue providing care for our patients into adulthood.
To search for additional providers, visit Our Care Team.
Conditions We Treat
Our rehabilitation medicine specialists treat children, teens and adults who have a wide variety of disabilities and complex conditions. We also treat typically developing children who require rehabilitation services following a traumatic or sports injury. Many Gillette patients benefit from some form of rehabilitation medicine or therapy during their experience with us.
Some of the conditions we treat most often include:
- Amputations and missing limbs
- Birth brachial plexus injury
- Brain injury and related neurotrauma, including concussion
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic pain
- Complex movement disorders
- Muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular conditions
- Rehabilitation following orthopedic single event multilevel surgery (SEMLS)
- Rehabilitation following selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) surgery
- Rehabilitation following other major surgeries
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord injury and related neurotrauma
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
As leaders in providing rehabilitation medicine for children, teens and adults, our specialists are committed to using the latest technology and techniques to diagnose and treat patients with a wide variety of conditions.
Medical Management of Complex Conditions
We provide medical management of many conditions, including cerebral palsy, spasticity and complex movement disorders. Some of the specific evaluations and treatments we offer include:
- Botulinum toxin and phenol (injected spasticity medications)
- Intrathecal baclofen pump implantation and management
- Management of other medical needs related to complex conditions
Rehabilitation Care and Planning
Collaborating with other Gillette specialists, we also plan rehabilitation care following complex surgeries and traumatic injuries. For example, we offer:
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation following brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and other traumatic injuries
- Planning for and rehabilitation care following selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) surgery
- Planning for and rehabilitation care following single event multilevel surgery (SEMLS) and other complex orthopedic surgery procedures
Diagnostic Tests and Evaluations
To diagnose conditions and plan appropriate treatments, we participate in multidisciplinary evaluations, including the following:
- Spasticity evaluations
- ImPACT testing for concussion and related neurotrauma
- Gait and motion analysis
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Patients who have complex disorders often have many needs in addition to rehabilitation medicine. That’s why Gillette brings together the services our patients need in way that’s both comprehensive and convenient.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Rehabilitation, our rehabilitation medicine specialists often collaborate with providers in, or offer expertise related to, the following areas:
- Assistive technology
- Child life
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation
- Gait and motion analysis
- Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare (for teens and adults)
- Level I Trauma Center for Children
- Rehabilitation therapies
- Social work
- Therapeutic recreation
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
218-728-6160 or 800-903-7111 (toll free)Learn More »
952-936-0977 or 800-277-1250 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
651-634-1938 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »