On This Page
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is a regional leader in providing rehabilitation therapies for people who have disabilities and complex conditions that began during childhood. At our main campus in St. Paul and at clinics throughout the Twin Cities, we offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, and aquatic (pool) therapy in an environment designed for your needs.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Rehabilitation, we support comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation for patients who’ve experienced traumatic injuries or are recovering from extensive surgery. We also offer outpatient therapy for children, teens and adults. In addition, our therapists are essential members of teams that evaluate patients for and provide access to a variety of adapted equipment and specialized therapies.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We are one of the nation’s top providers of pediatric inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation.
- Ours is the Twin Cities’ only pediatric comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation program certified by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- We provide outpatient therapy services at locations throughout the Twin Cities.
- Our specialists see more children who have complex conditions than any other facility in the region does.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Types of Therapy We Offer
Gillette offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation therapy services for patients who have disabilities, complex conditions and serious injuries that began in childhood. Collaborating in teams, our providers develop custom treatment plans for every patient.
Our services include:
- Aquatic (pool) therapy
- Audiology assessments
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation care
- Nutrition and feeding therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech and language therapy
To learn more about the services we provide at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Conditions We Treat
Our rehabilitation therapists care for children, teens and adults who have a wide variety of disabilities, complex conditions and serious injuries that began during childhood. In fact, people with any of the conditions we treat at Gillette might benefit from some form of rehabilitation therapy.
Whether a patient has a lifelong condition, such as cerebral palsy, or experiences a traumatic injury, Gillette has the team and the technology necessary to provide superior care.
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
Our rehabilitation therapists are committed to using the latest technology, tests and techniques to support patients who have disabilities, complex conditions and serious injuries.
In addition to offering expert therapy sessions, we collaborate with other Gillette providers to provide:
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) assessments
- Computer-access equipment and electronic aids to daily living
- Constraint-induced movement therapy
- Equipment evaluations
- ImPACT testing and return-to-activity training for concussions and related neurotrauma
- Nutrition and feeding evaluations and therapy
- Robotic-assisted locomotor training (Lokomat®)
- Seating and mobility equipment assessments
- Spasticity evaluation
- Video fluoroscopy (swallowing) studies for feeding disorders (dysphagia)
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Our Facilities and Technology
Gillette offers rehabilitation therapy services in St. Paul, Burnsville, Maple Grove and Minnetonka. Our therapy spaces are designed for the needs of children, teens and adults who have disabilities, complex conditions and serious injuries that began in childhood.
Because the goal of therapy is to help patients return to their homes and communities, some of our spaces—such as our therapy kitchens and playgrounds—mimic environments that patients will encounter in their everyday lives.
Our rehabilitation therapists collaborate with providers across Gillette’s many specialties and services. Working in teams, we plan comprehensive medical and rehabilitation care for every patient.
Some of the areas with which we collaborate most frequently include:
- Assistive technology
- Child life
- Craniofacial and plastic surgery
- Inpatient care (hospital units)
- Music therapy
- Nutrition and feeding
- Radiology and imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Social work
- Therapeutic recreation
For more information about the care we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
763-496-6000 or 888-218-0642 (toll free)Learn More »
952-908-1500 or 855-908-1500 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Publications and Resources
Taking Action: Your Guide to Therapy at Gillette
If you received a binder from Gillette to support your therapy care, additional pages are available to print out below.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »