On This Page
At Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, our pediatric rheumatologists care for children and teens who have a broad range of rheumatic and inflammatory conditions, including juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus) and juvenile dermatomyositis.
Our pediatric rheumatologists also collaborate with other Gillette specialists to provide custom treatment plans for every patient. Patients and families can trust Gillette to provide comprehensive and convenient services.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our pediatric rheumatologists are experts in the unique needs of children and teens who have complex rheumatic and inflammatory conditions.
- We believe that people who have complex medical conditions deserve facilities and services designed specifically for their needs.
- Our experts collaborate to provide comprehensive treatment plans.
Gillette’s rheumatology team is comprised of pediatric experts who’ve chosen to specialize in complex rheumatic and inflammatory conditions. In addition, our rheumatologists and nurse practitioners collaborate with other Gillette specialists to provide custom treatment plans for every patient.
To search for additional providers, visit Our Care Team.
Conditions We Treat
Our pediatric rheumatology team evaluates and treats children and teens who have a wide variety of complex rheumatic and inflammatory conditions.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Juvenile dermatomyositis
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)
- Lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus)
- Mixed connective tissue disease
- Sjogren’s Syndrome
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
As leaders in providing rheumatology care for children and teens, our specialists are committed to using the best available methods to diagnose and treat patients.
Some of the tests and treatments we offer include:
- Comprehensive evaluations with laboratory tests radiology and imaging studies
- Medical management with immune-suppressive and anti-inflammatory medications, including those administered through infusion therapy and joint injections
- Custom orthoses (braces) to improve joint function, in collaboration with our certified orthotists
- Orthopedic evaluations in collaboration with our orthopedists to improve body mechanics
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Nutrition and feeding services
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Patients with complex rheumatic and inflammatory conditions often have many needs in addition to rheumatology care. That’s why Gillette brings together the services our patients need in way that’s both comprehensive and convenient.
Our rheumatologists often collaborate with providers in the following specialties:
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.