On This Page
People who have disabilities and complex conditions often experience sleep disorders and disturbances that can impair their health and well-being. At Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, we offer one of the nation’s only sleep medicine programs designed specifically for children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions.
Gillette is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. In addition, our sleep health experts collaborate with other Gillette specialists, such as neurologists and pulmonologists, to provide comprehensive care for every patient. Through Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare, our sleep specialists care for patients whose needs continue into adulthood.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our sleep medicine experts specialize in the unique needs of people who have disabilities and complex conditions.
- We believe that addressing sleep disorders and disturbances can promote health and well-being.
- Our providers collaborate to provide comprehensive treatment plans.
- Our facilities and technology are designed specifically for your needs.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Gillette’s sleep medicine specialists are experts in evaluating sleep disorders in children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions. In addition to having physicians who are board-certified in sleep medicine, our team also includes polysomnographers who are trained respiratory therapists.
Conditions We Treat
Our sleep medicine specialists evaluate and treat children, teens and adults who have sleep disorders and disturbances associated with a wide variety of disabilities and complex conditions. In fact, most of the conditions we treat at Gillette can lead to problems with sleep.
We also offer sleep health services for typically developing children who experience sleep disorders that can affect attention, learning, behavior and other abilities.
Some of the sleep disorders we see most often include:
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Night terrors
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sleep apnea
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
As leaders in providing sleep medicine services for children, teens and adults, our specialists are committed to using the latest technology and techniques to diagnose and treat patients with a wide variety of conditions.
Some of the tests and treatments we offer include:
- Sleep consultation
- Sleep study (polysomnography), often including video electroencephalogram (VEEG) and/or positive airway pressure titration
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) mask
- Evaluations for epilepsy and seizures, in collaboration with neurology
- Medical management of sleep disorders
- Multiple sleep latency test
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Gillette offers a dedicated space for performing overnight sleep studies. Our soothing environment is sound- and light-proof. It includes accommodations for parents or caregivers and features state-of-the-art equipment to monitor sleep.
In addition, our facility is fully equipped to respond to the medical needs of our patients. We offer lift systems, oxygen and suction capabilities, and experts in areas such as neurology, pulmonology and respiratory care. Because many of our patients have highly complex conditions, we have convenient access to Gillette’s Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
Patients who have sleep disorders and disturbances often have many needs in addition to sleep health services. That’s why Gillette brings together the specialties our patients need in a way that’s both comprehensive and convenient.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Neurosciences, our sleep medicine specialists often collaborate with providers in the following areas:
- Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare (for older teens and adults)
- Neurosciences inpatient care
- Pulmonology and respiratory care
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
218-728-6160 or 800-903-7111 (toll free)Learn More »
763-496-6000 or 888-218-0642 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
507-207-2700Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »