On This Page
Speech and Language Therapy
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is a regional leader in providing rehabilitation therapies for people who have disabilities, complex conditions or common injuries, such as concussion.
We offer services for children and teens at our main campus in St. Paul and at outpatient clinics in Burnsville, Maple Grove and Minnetonka. We also offer speech and language therapy for adults at our St. Paul – Phalen Clinic. Our speech and language pathologists help patients who have conditions that affect speech, language, feeding and swallowing abilities. In collaboration with other Gillette specialists, we provide evaluations for augmentative and alternative communication devices when needed.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We offer speech and language therapy services from one of the nation’s top providers of pediatric inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation therapies.
- We offer the peace of mind that comes from working with specialists who see more children with complex conditions than any other facility in the region does.
- Gillette offers the Twin Cities’ only pediatric comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation program certified by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- Our hospital, outpatient hospital facilities and clinics offer services and technology designed for your needs
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Conditions We Treat
Our speech and language pathologists care for children, teens and adults who have a wide variety of disabilities, complex conditions or serious injuries. Gillette speech and language pathologists also provide services to patients who have common injuries or delayed speech or language development. In fact, many of the patients we treat at Gillette have conditions that can benefit from speech and language therapy.
Whether a patient has a lifelong condition, such as cerebral palsy, or experiences a traumatic injury, Gillette has the team and the technology necessary to provide superior care.
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Tests and Treatments We Offer
Our speech and language pathologists use the latest technology, tests and techniques to support patients who have disabilities, complex conditions, injuries, or delayed speech and language development.
We provide outpatient therapy sessions and support comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation care for patients with a wide variety of conditions. Our goal is to help people achieve the highest levels of independence and function possible.
In addition to offering expert therapy sessions, we collaborate with other Gillette specialists to provide:
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices
- Nutrition and feeding services
- Fluoroscopy and video fluoroscopy tests for feeding disorders (dysphagia)
- Specialty care for cleft lip and palate and other craniofacial conditions
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Our Facilities and Technology
Gillette offers rehabilitation therapy services in St. Paul, Burnsville, Maple Grove and Minnetonka. Our therapy spaces are designed for the needs of children, teens and adults who have disabilities, complex conditions and serious injuries.
Our speech and language pathologists collaborate with providers across Gillette’s many specialties and services. Working in teams, we plan and provide comprehensive medical and rehabilitation care for every patient.
Some of the areas with which we collaborate most frequently include:
- Assistive technology
- Child life
- Craniofacial and plastic surgery
- Inpatient care (hospital units)
- Nutrition and feeding
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Radiology and imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Social work
For more information about the care we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
763-496-6000 or 888-218-0642 (toll free)Learn More »
952-908-1500 or 855-908-1500 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »