On This Page
At Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, we’ve designed our surgery spaces to support the complex procedures and highly trained teams that our patients need. Located on our St. Paul hospital campus, our large operating rooms feature state-of-the-art technology and patient-friendly amenities.
We also support families with play spaces, comfortable inpatient (hospital) accommodations, and a Ronald McDonald Family Room®. We strive to provide the best possible care in an environment designed for your needs.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our surgery spaces accommodate highly trained teams performing complex procedures.
- We offer surgical teams with specialty certifications and extensive expertise in working with children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions.
- Our services include comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation care and a vast array of medical and surgical specialties.
- We can meet your family’s needs with extensive support services, private and semiprivate patient rooms, overnight accommodations, and a Ronald McDonald Family Room®.
- Our well-designed environment and advanced technology promote healing.
Our Facilities and Expertise
Gillette offers highly specialized surgical care in an environment designed for patients who have disabilities and complex conditions that began in childhood. Our surgery spaces support the highest standards of patient care. A calm atmosphere, advanced technology and highly trained experts converge to promote healing and recovery.
Our surgery spaces and expertise feature:
- Large operating rooms with ample space for state-of-the art technology—including advanced imaging technology—and interdisciplinary teams
- Positive distractions—including video imagery, ambient lighting and stereo sound—that help patients remain calm before surgery
- Highly skilled perianesthesia nurses who provide expert care before and after surgery
- A surgery simulation and training space for educating and training providers and staff
- Well-designed inpatient rooms for patients who stay overnight at the hospital following surgery
- Access to the common spaces of our Ronald McDonald Family Room® for families of children are staying overnight at the hospital following surgery
For more information about our hospital amenities, visit Patient Preparation and Support.
Gillette specializes in providing comprehensive care. As a result, patients who come to Gillette for surgery will have contact with caring experts in a variety of disciplines. Through collaboration, we provide the best possible care for our patients.
Gillette offers the following surgical specialties:
- Craniofacial and plastic surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT or otolaryngology)
In addition, the following areas are most often involved in planning and performing surgeries, providing outpatient procedures, and overseeing recovery:
- Inpatient care (hospital units)
- Pediatric intensive care (critical care)
- Pulmonology and respiratory care
- Radiology and imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Rehabilitation therapies
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Preparing for Your Visit
For information about preparing for your surgery and/or hospital stay at Gillette—including more information about our amenities—visit Preparing for Surgery.
Locations of Service
For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.