How You Can Prepare for Your Child’s Upcoming Orthopedic Surgery - September 6, 2014
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
Wallace Cole Conference Rooms
St. Paul (Main) Campus
205 East University Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55101
Learn and Prepare
We invite you to join other families for an interactive session to learn:
- What to expect during your child’s postsurgical hospital stay
- What your child’s casts might look like
- How to transfer your child into and out of bed
- How to assist your child with bathing and toileting
- What equipment your child might need after surgery
- How to assist your child up and down stairs
- How to transfer your child into and out of the car while he or she is wearing postsurgical casts or splints
A tour of the hospital will also be provided. Adults and children are invited to attend. Especially intended for families of children scheduled for single-event multilevel surgery (SEMLS).
- June 7, 2014, 1 – 3 p.m.
- July 19, 2014, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Sept. 6, 2014, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Nov. 1, 2014, 1 – 3 p.m.
Please RSVP at least one week before the class you wish to attend via email or phone: PreopClasses@gillettechildrens.com or 651-312-3198.
Please call Jackie Norling, physical therapist, at 651-312-3198.