Spina Bifida Family Conference
Saturday, September 20, 2014
9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
New Brighton Community Center
This conference is intended for families, caregivers, educators and health care providers who support the needs of children and adolescents who have spina bifida. Professionals, such as early intervention specialists, school professionals, therapists, nurses, and others who care for children and adolescents who have spina bifida will benefit from knowledge gained at this conference
At the completion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Define medical evidence and treatment options for spina bifida
- List the potential effects that spina bifida may have on cognitive development, education, transition and independence
Health care providers must determine if this activity meets their professional requirements for continuing education credit; Gillette will provide certificates of attendance.
Register online or complete the attached registration form and mail it with your fees to:
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
Attn: Amy Schall, Continuing Medical Education
200 University Ave. E.
St. Paul, MN 55101
Space is limited. Please register early.
Fees: The conference registration fee is $25 for family members and $50 for health care professionals. The fee includes lunch and conference materials.
Directions: A detailed map, along with parking information, will be emailed with your confirmation.
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Registration and Family Resources Area - Learn about community support organizations, medical supply companies and adapted recreation activities.
- 10:00 – 10:10 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
- 10:10 – 10:50 a.m. What to Expect – Neuropsychology, Kara Leiser, Ph.D.
- 10:50 – 11:30 a.m. What to Expect – Urology, David Vandersteen, M.D.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch and Networking
- 12:30 – 1:10 p.m. What to Expect – Orthopedics, Stephen Sundberg, M.D.
- 1:10 – 1:50 p.m. What to Expect – Rehabilitation Medicine, Angela Sinner, D.O., Stephanie Zigan, D.P.T.
- 1:50 – 2:30 p.m. What to Expect – Neurosurgery, Debbie Song, M.D.
For course content or registration information, call Amy Schall at 651-265-7387 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free).