Pay Your Bills
If you’ve given us your insurance information, we’ll bill your insurance provider directly after you receive care at Gillette. If you need Gillette services but can’t afford them, contact a Gillette financial specialist, learn about the Gillette Assistance Program, or look into a medical grant from UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation.
Your insurance provider might not cover all of your costs of care. For example, you might have to make payments to satisfy your deductible before your insurance provider begins to pay. Or you might have to pay co-insurance for a percent of the costs of your care.
If your insurance company doesn’t pay for all of the costs of your care at Gillette, we’ll send you one or more bills in the mail. You’ll receive separate bills for:
- Inpatient charges (if your visit involves an overnight stay)
- Outpatient appointments at our Twin Cities outpatient hospital facilities and our clinics in greater Minnesota
- Professional fees from your physicians, surgeons, psychologists, anesthesiologists and/or radiologists
Learn more about Gillette’s costs and billing practices.
Making Your Copayments
Many insurance providers require you to make copayments for every medical appointment. For example, you might have copayments for doctor appointments and therapy visits.
If your appointment is at one of our Twin Cities hospital and clinic locations, please be prepared to make your copayments when you check in. You can make your copayments:
- With Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards
- With debit cards
- By writing a check
- With exact cash amounts (we can’t make change)
If your appointment is at one of our Outreach Clinics or greater Minnesota clinics, we’ll send you a bill for your copayment.
How to Pay Your Bills
If you receive bills from Gillette that your insurance provider hasn’t covered—or if you don’t have insurance—you have several payment options. You can:
- Mail us your payment using a check or credit/debit card
- Pay at a registration desk in one of our Twin Cities facilities
- Pay online using Secure Bill Pay
- Call the number on your bill and give us a credit or debit card number
If you’re unable to pay for care at Gillette, you might be eligible for Medical Assistance or our Gillette Assistance Program (GAP). Or you might benefit from setting up a payment plan. We can help you with all of those things.
Call one of our Gillette financial specialists if you:
- Have questions about your Gillette bills
- Would like to discuss payment plans at Gillette
- Need help paying your Gillette bills