Meet Us Monday- Meet Heather Forst, Occupational Therapist
1. What is your position and role at Gillette? Do you have a favorite story or memory? I am an Occupational Therapist on the Inpatient Rehab Team at Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare. I really enjoy getting patients in the therapy kitchen to cook because you can address so many different areas with a cooking task – strengthening, organization, problem solving, memory, planning skills (just to name a few). I have made sushi, angel food cake (from scratch), and chicken alfredo with some of my past patients. I recently accepted a new position in Rehab Therapies as a Level III Clinical Educator
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? Outside of work, I like to bake. I have gotten third and fifth place in the MN State Fair Gluten-free baking contest. I also make stained glass and fused glass jewelry in a kiln.
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have two girls – ages 9 and 3.
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? If I could travel anywhere, I would love to go to Italy.
5. What is one fun fact about you? I listen to a wide variety of music types – rock, alternative, pop. I have surprised a few patients by knowing all the words to current pop (or even some mainstream rap) songs!