Meet Us Monday- Tara Swedberg, United Cerebral Palsy Associate
1. What is your position and role at Gillette? I am a United Cerebral Palsy of Minnesota (UCP) Associate. Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare became the affiliate for UCP MN in late 2012 and I started working for Gillette Children’s/UCP MN in January 2013. I have enjoyed working on many projects, educational programs, websites and the first Pedal in Place fundraiser for UCP MN. My greatest joy is being able to help patients and families with their questions or needs.
2. What are some of your hobbies outside of work? When I am not running children from point A to B I enjoy spending time with family and my “girl’s days!”
3. Do you have any children or pets? I have three children, ages 15, 12 and 10 and two dogs. My middle son, Logan, has been a patient at Gillette Children’s since birth. Last year he was involved with the CurePity campaign!
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I have always wanted to go to Australia and New Zealand.
5. What is one fun fact about you? I danced (tap, ballet, toe and jazz) for over 18 years, and now enjoy watching my daughter share the same love of dance.