Evren Akin, MD
- Pediatric Rheumatologist
- Adjunct faculty member, University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Idiopathic Uveitis
- Lupus and similar rheumatic diseases including dermatomyositis and scleroderma
- Rare primary vasculitides, such as polyarteritis nodosa, granulomatous angiitis
Make an Appointment
with Evren Akin
This is a carousel with rotating slides. It is not auto-rotating. You can use the forward and back keys on the keyboard to navigate.
"I include my patients and their families as part of the care team for decision-making and shared responsibilities."
- Medical School:
- Istanbul University, Turkey
- Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- Pediatric Rheumatology, Tufts University’s Floating Hospital for Children, Boston; Research Fellow, Beth Israel Hospital at Harvard Medical School
I have a research interest in treatment-resistant Lyme arthritis.
Wildlife rehabilitation is my other job. I spend as much time as possible with Mother Nature.
Find a Doctor
Care Team Overvew
Providers from across the nation and the world refer children to Gillette because we have stayed the course for 125 years, focused on some of the toughest challenges in pediatric healthcare. Our unceasing commitment has led to a deep - and always growing - expertise in complex conditions.