William Wheeler, MD
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Chest Wall Abnormalities
- Medical School:
- University of Tennessee Center for the Health Sciences, Memphis, Tennessee
- Pediatrics, Le Bonheur Children’s Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee
- Pediatric Pulmonology & Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston
- Board Certification(s):
- Pediatrics, Pediatric Pulmonology, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Wheeler W, Maguire E, Kurachek S, et al: Chronic respiratory failure of infancy and childhood: Clinical outcomes based on underlying etiology. Pediatr. Pulmonol. 1994; 17: 1-5.
- Wheeler, WB, Williams M, Matthews WJ, and Colten HR: Progression of cystic fibrosis lung disease as a function of serum immunoglobulin G levels, A five year longitudinal study. Journal of Pediatrics, 104: 695, 1984.
- Wheeler W, Kurachek S, Fulmer C : Outcomes of ICU patients admitted with apparent life-threatening events (ALTE). Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007;175, A 96.
- Wheeler, WB, Castile RG, Brown ER, and Wohl MEB: Pulmonary function in survivors of prematurity. American Review of Respiratory Disease, 129: A218, 1984.
- Wheeler W, McNamara J, Kurachek S, Fugate J, et al: Respiratory health following chronic ventilator dependent bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 157: A 375, 1998.
- Wheeler W, Kurachek S, Lobas J, and Einzig M: Acute hypoxemic respiratory failure caused by Chlamydia trachomatis and diagnosed by flexible bronchoscopy. Am. Rev. Resp. Dis. 1990; 142: 471-473.
- Wheeler, W.B., Kurachek, S., McNamara, J. et al: Consequences of hypogammaglobulinemia and corticosteroid therapy in severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Pediatr. Pulmonol. 1996; 22: 96-100.
- Carolan, P., Wheeler, W., Ross, J., Kemp, R. Potential to prevent carbon dioxide rebreathing of commercial products marketed to reduce sudden infant death syndrome risk. Pediatrics. 2000; 105:774-779.
- I live in Minnetonka with my wife. We have five grown children in various stages of young adulthood. My wife and I maintain an active faith life. In my spare time, I enjoy exercising, reading and gardening. I'm also an avid baseball and softball fan.
This is a carousel with rotating slides. It is not auto-rotating. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate.