Medical Academy Day: Launching Your Medical Career
Saturday, November 12, 2016
200 University Ave. E., St. Paul, Minnesota.
Are you a high school junior or senior who is committed to pursuing a career as a physician?
Join Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare for a one-day, hands-on workshop.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from leading specialists in pediatric orthopedics, pediatric rehabilitation medicine, plastic surgery, critical care and more.
- Service leadership.
- Pathway to medical school, a day in the life of the resident.
- Selecting a specialty practice area.
- The patient experience: why a medical career matters.
- Suturing, trauma and anesthesia workshops.
- When mistakes happen.
- And more!
You’ll make valuable connections with peers and professionals in the medical profession—ties that may benefit you for life.
Workshop candidates must:
- Have made a commitment to become a physician.
- Be a high school junior or senior.
- Be recommended by a teacher or advisor.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The workshop reservation fee is $50, to be held with a credit card. The credit card will only be charged if you don’t attend the event.
- Maximum capacity is 50 students.
- Once you have the recommendation of a teacher, advisor or Gillette staff member, register online.
- Casual professional attire is expected (no jeans and T-shirts).
For more information, contact Gwen Schuller-Bebus, R.N., M.A., Simulation Services manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.