The overarching mission of professional nursing is optimizing the health and well-being of patients and populations.
The mission of nursing research at Gillette advances this goal by:
- Promoting nurses' abilities to continuously integrate evidence-based knowledge into nursing practice.
- Advancing the generation of new knowledge through scholarly inquiry that focuses on:
- Populations receiving care at Gillette facilities.
- Patient- and family-centered processes.
- Innovative interventions and assessments.
Executive Leadership: Karen Brill, RN.
Current Research Projects
Current nursing research projects include:
- Evaluation of care coordination/care management services.
- Several projects involving different services, settings and patient populations.
- Perceptions of bowel management programs by adults with spina bifida and neurogenic bowel dysfunction.
- Integrative care evaluation: hand relaxation and aromatherapy.
- Use of standardized nursing terminology for advanced practice care coordination among neurosurgery patients.
- Patient education for post-discharge, post-surgical pediatric pain management.
- Cady RG. (2017) Care mapping for the medically complex child. Dev Med Child Neurol. 59(12):1216-1217.
- Cady, R. G., & Belew, J. L. (2017). Parent perspective on care coordination Services for Their Child with medical complexity. Children, 4(6), 45.
- Esser, J., Shrinski, K., Cady, R., & Belew, J. (2016). Reducing OR traffic using education, policy development, and communication technology. AORN Journal, 103(1), 82-88.
- Cotter, K. J., Levy, M. E., Goldfarb, R. A., Liberman, D., Katorski, J., Myers, J. B., & Elliott, S. P. (2016). Urodynamic findings in adults with moderate to severe cerebral palsy. Urology, 95, 216-221.
- Goldfarb, R. A., Pisansky, A., Fleck, J., Hoversten, P., Cotter, K. J., Katorski, J., . . . Elliott, S. P. (2016). Neurogenic lower urinary tract dysfunction in adults with cerebral palsy: Outcomes following a conservative management approach. The Journal of Urology, 195(4P1), 1009-1013.
- Gor, R., Katorski, J., & Elliott, S. (2016). Medical and surgical management of neurogenic bowel. Current Opinion in Urology, 26(4), 369-375.
- Cady, R. G., Looman, W. S., Lindeke, L. L., LaPlante, B., Lundeen, B., Seeley, A., & Kautto, M. E. (2015). Pediatric care coordination: lessons learned and future priorities. Online J. Issues Nurs, 20.
- Houle, K.E., Belew, J. & Miller, B. (2015). Implementation of a Phase I caregiver visitation program for a specialized pediatric population. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing, 30, 301-307.
- Tveit, C., Belew, J., & Noble, C. (2015). Prewarming in a pediatric hospital: Process improvement through interprofessional collaboration. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing, 30(1), 33-38.
- Wagner, R., Linroth, R., Gangl, C., Mitchell, N., Hall, M., Cady, R., & Christenson, M. (2015). Perception of secondary conditions in adults with spina bifida and impact on daily life. Disability and Health Journal, 8 (4), 492-498.