Gillette Family Council
The family council helps Gillette promote patient and family-centered care and serves as an advisory resource for administrators, programs, departments, publications, committees and projects at Gillette.
Members of our family council:
- Assist in evaluating existing or new programs
- Respond to requests for feedback on Gillette plans and programs
- Review and offer suggestions on patient-education materials
- Review and offer suggestions on relevant policies
Who We Are and What We Do
The Family Council has about a dozen members. Two are Gillette staff members and the rest are family members or caregivers of Gillette patients.
Members make a commitment to serve for one year. The council meets monthly in the evening. In addition to attending meetings, members serve on subcommittees or are involved with council-related projects.
Responsibilities of Membership
Family council members need to:
- Be committed to improving care for all Gillette patients
- Show concern for more than one issue or agenda
- Be dedicated to Gillette’s mission
- Share experiences, opinions and suggestions in a constructive way
- Interact well with people from different backgrounds
- Listen to other parents, other families and Gillette staff
- Participate in an orientation before attending a council meeting
- Attend monthly meetings (additional time commitments might be required for subcommittee work)
- Read materials in preparation for meetings and respond to email and voice mail
- Remain on the council for a one-year term
Members will receive reimbursement for mileage as well as funding assistance for child-care expenses associated with participating on the council.
Application and Orientation Process
Potential family council members must complete an application. We usually recruit new members and review applications in the fall. If you are a final candidate, we’ll contact you to set up an interview.
Council members are considered volunteers. Accepted new council members are required to complete go through a background check and complete volunteer orientation.
For More Information
For more information about the family council, please contact one of the council’s co-facilitators:
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »