On This Page
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is a regional leader in pediatric neurology and neurosurgery. To support the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of our patients, we offer a variety of neurodiagnostic tests, including video electroencephalograms (VEEGs), electromyograms (EMG), nerve conduction studies (NCS), intraoperative monitoring and overnight sleep studies (polysomnography).
As part of Gillette’s Center for Pediatric Neurosciences, our neurodiagnostic services are designed to meet the needs of children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions that began in childhood. Our staff has extensive experience working with children and with patients who have cognitive (thinking and learning) and physical disabilities.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We are one of the region's largest teams of pediatric neurologists and neurosurgeons.
- Our neurodiagnostic technology and testing spaces are designed specifically for children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
- Our providers collaborate to establish custom treatment plans for every patient.
Tests We Offer
We offer a variety of neurodiagnostic tests to make or confirm a diagnosis, plan treatments, and monitor a patient’s condition.
Tests we offer include:
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR), sedated and unsedated
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) and video electroencephalogram (VEEG)
- Electromyogram (EMG) and nerve conduction (NCS)
- Intraoperative monitoring of the peripheral and central nervous system during surgery
- Sleep study (polysomnography)
To learn more about the services we provide at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Conditions We Treat
Our neurodiagnostic services support care for children, teens and adults who have a wide variety of complex conditions and injuries.
Conditions that most often require neurodiagnostic testing include:
- Acetabular dysplasia
- Birth brachial plexus injury
- Brain injury and related neurotrauma
- Burst fractures
- Chiari malformation
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Hearing difficulties
- Muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy and other neuromuscular conditions
- Sleep disorders
- Tethered spinal cord
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Providers across Gillette’s many specialties use our neurodiagnostic services. Working in teams, we plan comprehensive medical, surgical and rehabilitation care for every patient.
Some of the specialties that most often perform neurodiagnostic testing include:
For more information about the care we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Publications and Resources
At Gillette, we’re committed to helping you feel prepared and supported. That’s why we offer resources to help you prepare for your neurodiagnostic tests.
These booklets help families and caregivers prepare children for their upcoming visit.
Locations of Service
The full range of our neurodiagnostic services is available at our St. Paul Campus. We offer some neurodiagnostic tests and outpatient visits with sleep medicine specialists at some of our clinic locations. When indicated, overnight sleep studies and additional tests take place at our St. Paul Campus.
218-728-6160 or 800-903-7111 (toll free)Learn More »
763-496-6000 or 888-218-0642 (toll free)Learn More »
952-936-0977 or 800-277-1250 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Find out how we're moving Maya forward.Read Maya's Story »