On This Page
Craniofacial and Plastic Surgery
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare is a leading provider of craniofacial and plastic surgery for patients who have complex conditions. We are committed to superb outcomes in patients who have conditions such as cleft lip and palate, craniosynostosis, deformational plagiocephaly, and birth marks and skin anomalies.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Craniofacial Services, our surgeons and nurse practitioners also collaborate with experts in speech and language pathology, neurosurgery, dentistry and orthodontics, and other specialties. Through Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare, we serve patients whose needs continue into adulthood.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our pediatric craniofacial and plastic surgeons understand the unique needs of people who have conditions that began in childhood and affect their appearance and function.
- Our experts collaborate to provide comprehensive treatments that both minimize the need for surgery and maximize results.
- We pride ourselves on achieving the best possible outcomes in appearance and function.
- Our state-of-the-art technology and facilities are designed specifically for your needs.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care — from birth through adulthood.
Our team features master surgeons who’ve chosen to specialize in the unique needs of people who have complex conditions that began at birth or during childhood. In addition, our pediatric nurse practitioners provide expert clinical care while supporting patients and families.
Working together, our goal is to minimize the outward effects of many disorders of the face, head and skin.
To search for other Gillette providers, visit Our Care Team.
Conditions We Treat
We treat a wide variety of conditions that affect the face and skull. We also have expertise in performing plastic surgery for traumatic injuries, hand deformities, complex wounds and other conditions that affect appearance and abilities.
Some of the conditions we treat most often include:
- Chronic wounds (wounds that won't heal), such as pressure wounds
- Cleft lip and palate
- Craniofacial anomalies associated with congenital syndromes such as 22q11.2 deletion, Apert, Pfieffer or Treacher-Collins
- Deformational plagiocephaly
- Facial injuries and trauma
- Hand deformities
- Hemifacial microsomia
- Micrognathia (small mandible)
- Microtia (underdeveloped ear)
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Evaluations and Treatments We Offer
As leaders in craniofacial and plastic surgery, we’re committed to using the latest surgical techniques and technology to achieve superior outcomes. In many cases, we can strive to make an anomaly unnoticeable at a conversational distance, minimizing the impact on a child's function and social development.
In addition to surgical treatment, we offer nonsurgical care for feeding difficulties, deformational plagiocephaly and other problems related to craniofacial conditions.
Some of the tests, treatments and evaluations we offer include:
- Adoption consultations
- Audiology tests, including auditory brainstem response (sedated and unsedated)
- Breastfeeding and feeding evaluations for cleft lip and palate
- Cleft lip and palate repair
- Craniofacial and plastic surgery with resorbable fixation to reduce multiple surgeries
- Craniofacial distraction osteogenesis
- Endoscopic plastic surgery
- Evaluations for craniofacial anomalies associates with congenital syndromes suc as 22q11.2 deletion, Apert, Pfieffer or Treacher-Collins
- Laser therapy for birthmarks and skin anomalies
- Nasendoscopy and other diagnostic testing unique to craniofacial disorders
- Nutrition and feeding evaluations and therapy for a wide range of conditions
- The Gillette CranioCap® orthosis for deformational plagiocephaly
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Patients who have complex disorders often have many needs in addition to craniofacial and plastic surgery. That’s why Gillette brings together the services our patients need in a way that’s both comprehensive and convenient.
As part of Gillette’s Center for Craniofacial Services, we collaborate with experts in:
- Assistive technology
- Dentistry and orthodontics
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT, or otolaryngology)
- Gillette Lifetime Specialty Healthcare (for older teens and adults)
- Medical genetics and genetic counseling
- Neurodevelopmental pediatrics
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Radiology and imaging
- Speech and language therapy
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
763-496-6000 or 888-218-0642 (toll free)Learn More »
952-936-0977 or 800-277-1250 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
507-207-2700Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.