On This Page
Neurodevelopmental pediatricians evaluate infants, toddlers and children who show signs of motor and developmental delays. Because early intervention is so important, Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare offers a variety of developmental assessments—many of which are done by our neurodevelopmental pediatricians.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our neurodevelopmental pediatricians specialize in diagnosing and treating children who have developmental delays, disabilities and complex conditions.
- We offer highly trained experts to evaluate your child for potential delays and disorders.
- Our services include a full range of specialties if your child is diagnosed with a developmental disorder or complex condition.
Our neurodevelopmental pediatricians are experts at diagnosing children who have developmental delays, disabilities and other complex conditions. We collaborate with other Gillette specialists in addition to primary care physicians, early childhood intervention specialists, and other community providers.
To search for additional providers, visit Our Care Team.
Conditions We Treat
Our neurodevelopmental pediatricians are experts in evaluating infants, toddlers and children who exhibit signs of motor and developmental delays.
Warning signs of a potential disorder or delay include:
- Abnormal muscle tone
- Asymmetrical body movements, limb posturing or limb use
- Difficulties with behavior or attention span
- Developmental delays (motor, speech, social or cognitive)
- Hearing or vision problems
- Neurological disorders (such as seizures or cerebral palsy)
In some cases, such issues might indicate only mild delays. In others, they point to more serious disorders. Our experts also provide diagnostic testing and care for patients who have Rett syndrome.
For more information about the conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Evaluations and Treatments We Offer
As experts in diagnosing complex and rare conditions, our neurodevelopmental pediatricians can provide initial assessments, second opinions or family consultations when a child has already received a diagnosis.
Because we value partnership, we work closely with primary care physicians, early childhood intervention teams and other community providers to provide accurate diagnoses and plan appropriate interventions. We also work closely with other specialists at Gillette when a child’s condition requires additional management or comprehensive care.
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Gillette’s neurodevelopmental pediatricians collaborate with a wide range of specialists to provide a comprehensive treatment plan for each patient.
We work closely with specialists in:
- Pediatric rehabilitation medicine
- Rehabilitation therapies
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.