On This Page
At Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, we offer assistive technology services for children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions that began during childhood. Our experts design custom orthoses (braces), custom wheelchair seating, prostheses (artificial limbs), mounts for augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices, protective headgear, power wheelchair controls and more.
Collaborating with Gillette therapists and other specialists, our certified orthotists, prosthetists and seating practitioners support comprehensive care. We also work closely with patients, families and community professionals to design custom solutions for each patient’s needs.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our assistive technology teams understand the unique needs of people who have disabilities and complex conditions.
- Our experts collaborate to provide comprehensive treatment plans.
- Our assistive technology services are available at clinics throughout the Twin Cities and in communities throughout greater Minnesota.
- We believe that people who have disabilities deserve a lifetime of excellent health care—from birth through adulthood.
Gillette offers comprehensive assistive technology services for patients who have disabilities, complex conditions and serious injuries. Working in teams, our providers develop custom solutions to improve abilities, health and quality of life for children, teens and adults. We are experts at designing and making assistive technology and educating patients on its use.
Our services include:
- Computer-access equipment and electronic aids to daily living
- Evaluations for augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices
- Orthotics (for custom braces and other orthoses)
- Prosthetics (for artificial limbs)
- Protective headgear
- Seating and mobility equipment
- The Gillette CranioCap® orthosis to treat deformational plagiocephaly
To learn more about the services we provide at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Conditions We Treat
Our assistive technology specialists care for children, teens and adults who have a wide variety of complex conditions and injuries. In fact, many of the patients we see at Gillette have conditions that might benefit from some form of assistive technology. Whether a patient has a lifelong condition, such as cerebral palsy, or experiences a traumatic injury, Gillette has the team and the technology necessary to provide superior care.
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Our Facilities and Technology
Gillette offers assistive technology services in all of our locations. Our fitting and fabrication spaces support families while meeting the highest possible standards of quality. In addition to providing services at our Twin Cities hospital, outpatient hospital facilities and clinics, we offer outreach services throughout greater Minnesota.
Our certified orthotists, prosthetists and seating practitioners collaborate with providers from Gillette’s many specialties and services. Together, we plan comprehensive medical and rehabilitation care for every patient.
Some of the areas with which we collaborate most frequently include:
- Craniofacial and plastic surgery
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Speech and language therapy
For more information about the specialties and services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
763-496-6000 or 888-218-0642 (toll free)Learn More »
952-936-0977 or 800-277-1250 (toll free)Learn More »
651-291-2848 or 800-719-4040 (toll-free)Learn More »
651-636-9443Learn More »
218-824-5001 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
218-728-6160 or 800-903-7111 (toll free)Learn More »
651-634-1938 or 800-578-4266 (toll free)Learn More »
507-207-2700 or 844-207-2700 (toll-free)Learn More »
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »