On This Page
When children are hospitalized at Gillette for extended periods of time, we offer in-hospital school services through the St. Paul Public Schools. Our schoolteachers help children minimize disruptions in their learning. We work with a child’s teachers and provide lessons and homework help.
Why Choose Gillette?
- We support our patients’ physical, mental and educational needs.
- Our schoolteachers—part of the St. Paul Public Schools—have extensive experience working with children who have a wide range of disabilities and complex conditions.
- We collaborate with community teachers and other specialists to help patients make a smooth transition back to school.
Services We Provide
Our schoolteachers help minimize disruptions in learning caused by long hospitalizations or recovery from injuries.
Our schoolteachers can:
- Collaborate with community school teachers to monitor missed lessons and come up with strategies to minimize disruptions as much as possible
- Provide lessons while children are hospitalized
- Help families understand the requirements and processes involved in obtaining individualized education programs (IEPs)
- Support patients and families in making a smooth transition back to school
Locations of Service
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »