Families travel from around the U.S. and the world to receive evaluations and treatment from experts at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. If you are traveling to Gillette from outside the U.S., we have compiled information to help you feel welcome, prepared and supported.
Benefit from World-Renowned Specialties
At Gillette, you have access to some of the best physicians and specialists, including:
- One of the busiest and most highly respected treatment centers for cerebral palsy in the world.
- One of the largest groups of pediatric orthopedists in the U.S.
- Experts in performing selective dorsal rhizotomy (SDR) surgery as a permanent treatment for muscle spasticity.
- The James R. Gage Center for Gait and Motion Analysis, which is known worldwide for clinical motion analysis testing and research.
Request to Receive Services
To request specialty health care services at Gillette, you must submit the following items in English:
- International new patient questionnaire (PDF).
- Email consent form (PDF).
- Copies of medical records.
- Copies of imaging or X-rays and reports.
Email all of the items above to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them by Federal Express to:
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
Attention: New Patient Services
200 University Ave. E.
St. Paul, MN 55101 USA
Once we have your required paperwork, a team of Gillette providers reviews your request to ensure that we can meet your child’s medical goals. If we are a good fit, we will:
- Schedule an appointment, which might take place up to six months after the review.
- Create a detailed cost estimate that explains the fees for recommended services.
Understand Costs and Payment
Before you come to Gillette for services, we require a deposit equal to the cost estimate we provide you. You can pay the amount (in U.S. dollars) by:
- Wire transfer.
Some providers that will participate in your child’s treatment might be affiliated with organizations other than Gillette and charge differently for services. Once we receive your deposit and a visit is scheduled, we will assume responsibility for paying bills to any specialists who bill for services through other organizations.
If your child’s needs are more extensive than the original review suggests, the total cost of services might exceed the original estimate. In this case, we might offer a discount for the remaining balance.
Access Services and Amenities
At Gillette, we are committed to supporting patients from throughout the world with exceptional health care and related services.
- The Child and Family Services team can help you understand the care we provide, learning about becoming a patient and accessing our many amenities.
- Find age-appropriate tips to help your child prepare for a hospital visit and find comfort while they are receiving care.
- Learn about working with an interpreter in person or over the phone.
- Explore the amenities—like food and entertainment—available during your stay at the St. Paul Campus.
- Look for hotel and transportation options for your stay at Gillette.
If you have questions or would like more information, please call our Child and Family Services team at 651-229-3855.