On This Page
Dentistry and Orthodontics
For children, teens and adults who have disabilities, finding appropriate dental and orthodontic care can be challenging. That’s why Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare offers dentists and orthodontists who understand the unique needs of people who have disabilities and complex conditions.
In addition to providing general dentistry and orthodontics for people who have complex conditions like cerebral palsy, our experts treat cleft lip and palate, hemifacial microsomia, and other disorders that affect the mouth and teeth. From sedation services to custom equipment, we have dental and orthodontic services designed to meet your needs. Our dentistry and orthodontic services are primarily available to patients already receiving inpatient or outpatient interdisciplinary medical care at Gillette.
Why Choose Gillette?
- Our dentists and orthodontists understand the unique needs of people who have conditions that make routine dental care challenging.
- We provide dentistry and orthodontic care as part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Our features include sedation dentistry and specially designed equipment for people who have disabilities.
- We offer orthodontic care in a way that improves outcomes for children who have craniofacial conditions like cleft lip and palate.
- Our patients have access to a broad spectrum of services during a single visit.
Gillette’s dentists and orthodontists have extensive experience working with children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions. We also collaborate with providers in a variety of specialties to provide comprehensive care for our patients. For example, children can obtain consultations with dentists, orthodontists, and craniofacial or plastic surgeons during one visit.
To search for additional providers, visit Our Care Team.
Conditions We Treat
Gillette’s dentistry and orthodontics team provides general preventive care and treatment for children, teens and adults who have a wide variety of conditions. Often, our patients have physical, cognitive (thinking and learning) and health-related challenges that make it difficult to receive care in traditional settings.
Our dentists and orthodontists also provide treatment for cleft lip and palate, facial anomalies associated with medical syndromes or injuries, and other conditions that affect the mouth and teeth. Working alongside craniofacial and plastic surgeons, our experts provide care that maximizes the outcomes of surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Treatments We Offer
From general dentistry and orthodontic care to specialized treatments for specific conditions, our team specializes in comprehensive care and treatment.
Some of the treatments we offer include:
- The Gillette OrthoCleft® retainer for cleft lip and palate
- General dentistry care for children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions
- General orthodontic care for children, teens and adults who have disabilities and complex conditions
- Specialty dentistry and orthodontic consultations for conditions that affect the mouth and teeth
- Sedation services for patients unable to tolerate general dentistry or orthodontia procedures
For more information about the tests and treatments we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Gillette’s dentists and orthodontists collaborate with a wide range of specialists to provide a comprehensive treatment plan for each patient.
We work closely with providers who specialize in:
For more information about the services we offer at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Because all children deserve a lifetime of amazing health care.Why Gillette »