- If you are allergic to Chlorhexidine (Dyna-Hex): DO NOT use the CHG skin cleansing kit. You may use the baby shampoo to wash your hair, but use your regular antibacterial soap to cleanse your skin (example: Dial, Lever or SafeGuard).
- DO NOT use CHG solution anywhere above your neck. (i.e. ears, nose, ears, mouth or mucous membranes).
- DO NOT use CHG solution on genital area.
- DO NOT shave or remove body hair. Facial shaving is permitted. If you are having head surgery, please ask your doctor.
- After showering, DO NOT apply any skincare products or hair conditioner.
- CHG solution is safe to use on minor wounds, rashes, and overs stitches.
- Allergic reactions are rare, but if they occur, stop using CHG and follow the same shower instructions using regular antibacterial soap (i.e. Dial Soap). Call your doctor if you have a skin irritation.
Your surgical team recommends you perform the skin and hair preparation process TWICE:
- The night before surgery
- The morning of surgery
For the products we’ve given you, follow ALL of the following steps.
- Rinse body with warm water.
- Wash your hair with the baby shampoo provided or your personal shampoo and continioner. Then thoroughly rinse them off your body and out of your hair.
- Wet your shower mitt provided. Turn off water. Apply CHG solution. CHG is for use below the chin only. DO NOT us any other soaps.
- Firmly massage all areas: neck, arms, chest, back, abdomen and hips. Clean your legs and feet and between your fingers and toes. Pay attention to your surgery site and all surrounding skin. Ask for help to clean your back if you are having a spinal surgery.
- Re-apply CHG. Wait 2 minutes.
- Turn on water. Lightly rinse your body.
- Dry off with a clean towel.
- Wear clean clothes and use clean bed linens.
If you have questions about the skin and hair preparation process, call our pre-op office at 651-229-3918.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your health care providers. If you have any questions, talk with your doctor or others on your health care team. If you are a Gillette patient with urgent questions or concerns, please contact Telehealth Nursing at 651-229-3890.