Gillette Family Advisory Council
What Is the Family Advisory Council?
The Gillette Family Advisory Council (FAC) is a diverse group of parents, adult patients and staff who are committed to promoting family-centered care and improving the quality of care at Gillette.
The FAC serves as an advisory resource for programs, departments, publications, committees or projects at Gillette by:
- Providing an avenue for understanding the needs of patients and families who use Gillette services
- Offering suggestions for improvement
- Strengthening communication among patients, families, caregivers and staff
Join the Family Advisory Council
The Family Advisory Council (FAC) is a dedicated group of up to 13 members, including:
- Parents and caregivers who have used Gillette services in the past year
- Patients aged 18 and older who have used Gillette services in the past year
- Gillette staff as co-facilitators
- Participation in one-hour meetings every other month
- Meetings will be held virtually until further notice.
- Commitment to serve on the council for at least one term of two years
- Commitment to improving care for all Gillette patients and families
Please email the completed DHS Background Study form to Lina Abdennabi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications are accepted through October 31 each year. Interviews and final selections occur in November. New family council members begin their two-year commitment in January. The first meeting of the year will be used for orientation and introductions of new and current members.