Gillette Family Advisory Council
What Is the Family Advisory Council?
The Gillette Family Advisory Council (FAC) is a diverse group of parents, adult patients and staff who are committed to promoting family-centered care and improving the quality of care at Gillette.
The FAC serves as an advisory resource for programs, departments, publications, committees or projects at Gillette by:
- Providing an avenue for understanding the needs of patients and families who use Gillette services
- Offering suggestions for improvement
- Strengthening communication among patients, families, caregivers and staff
Join the Family Advisory Council
The Family Advisory Council (FAC) is a dedicated group of up to 13 members, including:
- Parents and caregivers who have used Gillette services in the past year
- Patients aged 18 and older who have used Gillette services in the past year
- Gillette staff as co-facilitators
- Participation in 2-hour meetings every other month at the Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare St. Paul Campus.
- Meetings will be made virtual for members who are unable to join in person, or who live more than 50 miles away from the hospital. Members joining virtually will be asked to use video chat. Members within the metro area can only join meetings virtually up to two times.
- Commitment to serve on the council for at least one term of two years
- Commitment to improving care for all Gillette patients and families
Potential FAC members must complete and submit an application. Applications are accepted through October 31 each year. Interviews and final selections occur in November. New family council members begin their two-year commitment in January. The first meeting of the year will be used for orientation and introductions of new and current members.
For More Information
For more information about the Family Advisory Council, please contact:
Lina Abdennabi, 651-310-1879 or LinalAbdennabi@gillettechildrens.com