On This Page
Level I Pediatric Trauma Center
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare and Regions Hospital collaborate to provide Minnesota’s first Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Level I Pediatric Trauma Centers are certified by the American College of Surgeons to provide the highest level of care possible for injured children and teens.
Gillette cares for injured patients under age 16, and Regions Hospital cares for patients 16 and older. Our partnership allows us to provide exceptional care and service for children and families in our community.
Why Choose Gillette and Regions?
- We provide the highest level of care possible following an injury.
- Our facilities, technology and services are designed specifically for your needs.
- We provide pediatric intensive care and comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation care in an environment that supports children and families.
- Our collaboration with Regions Hospital ensures the very best care and service for children and adults in our community.
Conditions We Treat
Our Level I Pediatric Trauma Center provides the highest level of care for possible children and teens who have sustained traumatic injuries.
The patients we see most often have the following conditions:
- Brain injury and related neurotrauma
- Spinal cord injury and related neurotrauma
- Other serious traumatic injuries
For more information about the complex conditions we treat at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Children and teens who sustain critical injuries have many needs in addition to trauma care. At Gillette, we’re committed to providing comprehensive services for our patients and extensive support for families.
Some of the additional services that trauma center patients and their families often need include:
- Child life
- Neurosciences inpatient care
- Pediatric intensive care (critical care)
- Radiology and imaging
- Rehabilitation medicine
- Rehabilitation therapies
- Ronald McDonald Family Room®
- School services
- Social work
For more information about the services we provide at Gillette, search Conditions and Care.
Locations of Service
Services vary by location. For all of our locations, visit Directions and Locations.
Find out how we're moving Shivani forward.Read Shivani's Story »