Medical Academy Day: Launching Your Medical CareerSaturday, November 10, 2018 | 7 am to 4 pm
200 University Ave. E., St. Paul, Minnesota
Registration for this Event is Now Full
If you’d like to be added to our waitlist, please email Brittany Billiet.
Join Us for Medical Academy Day!
Join us for a one-day, hands-on workshop where you'll have the opportunity to learn from leading specialists in pediatric orthopedics, pediatric rehabilitation medicine, plastic surgery, critical care and more.
You’ll also hear a teenage Gillette patient share her perspective on living with a complex medical condition.
- Service leadership
- Pathway to medical school, a day in the life of the resident
- Selecting a specialty practice area
- The patient experience: why a medical career matters
- Suturing, trauma and anesthesia workshops
- When mistakes happen
- And more!
You’ll make valuable connections with peers and professionals in the medical profession—ties that may benefit you for life.
Workshop candidates must:
- Have an interest in becoming a physician
- Be a high school junior or senior
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Maximum capacity is 50 students.
- Business professional attire is expected (no jeans and/or t-shirts).
- The cost for the workshop is $25, which is a donation to Gillette Children's Foundation. The cost includes meals, a tour of Gillette facilities and all of the breakout sessions.
For more information, contact Brittany Billiet, Education and Development Assistant.