Donating Hand Crafted Blankets
Share your time and talents from your own home. You can ease the hospital experience for our patients by making a blanket or quilt.
Why are blankets and quilts needed?
Patients who come to Gillette Children's are often in need of something "friendly" or "cuddly" while they are here. Having something to snuggle in in can make their hospital stay much more pleasant and comfortable. As much as they love receiving a gift, only staff can deliver them to teh units due to privacy.
Blanket Sizes and Material Requirements:
- We accept single or double-sided flannel blankets, quilts with light batting, knitted and crocheted blankets, and fleece-tied blankets.
- New fabric or yarn must be used for the various sized blankets and laundered after completion with a non-gragrant laundry soap/liquid.
- Material must be free from pet hair and dander.
- Material must be free of all frangrances.
- All blanket edges must be either tied or stitched.
- Both male and female themed fabric is accepted, as is non-gendered fabric.
- Most common blanket sizes (approximate):
- Infant or toddlers: 1.5 yards x 1.5 yards = 54 inches x 54 inches.
- Pre-teen/Teen/Adult: 2 yards x 1.5 yards = 72 inches x 54 inches.
Blanket requirement before delivery:
- Complete the Gift-In Kind Contribution Form and bring with delivery.
- Check for forgotten pins and needles.
- Blankets must be washed with a non-fragrant detergent, and placed in large plastic bags for delivery.
- Please do not deliver them in a vehicle that has been smoked in.
- Please contact staff below to arrange a time to deliver.
- Blankets may be delivered or mailed to our St. Paul Campus
- 11AM to 3PM
- 200 University Avenue East, St. Paul, MN 55101, Guest Services on the 4th floor.
- We will validate your parking for the ramp at Guest Services upon your arrival.
For Delivery Notice or Questions Please Contact:
Dawn Trnka 651-578-5004 Volunteer@gillettechildrens.com